Personal One-on-One Training
We will observe your dog in his/her own environment and coach you towards having a happy and obedient companion. At your session, Daniel or Kelly will show you how to use a training collar, leash, and provide helpful tips to achieve your goals with your dog. With over 10 years of experience in obedience training, Daniel or Kelly can answer all of your questions and concerns. In home training is convenient and beneficial for a dog of any age.
Each session costs $100. Advanced training and follow up sessions are also available.
Extensive Training Program
We offer a one week intense training program for dogs 5 months and older. Training includes multiple sessions a day working on sit, come, stay, heel, down and running alongside a bike. We focus on your individual needs and tailor the program accordingly. We take your dog to the next level of obedience. Your dog will be trained by several different handlers, of all ages so he will learn to obey whoever is at the end of the leash. When you come to pick up your dog at the end of the week, we will show you what your dog learned and how to continue teaching at home. When your golden spends time at Rolling Oaks he will get plenty of exercise and attention by all our family members. Contact us for available dates.
The cost for this extensive training is $750 for one week. This price includes:
- personal DVD of your dog being trained
- written tips to help you continue at home to have an obedient dog
- The training leash and collar we use are available for purchase
- Contact Kelly 651-983-3058 or Email Miller@rollingoaks.com
- Contact Daniel 320-237-8346 or Email Daniel@rollingoaks.com
- All commands are single word commands. Add the dog’s name & use visual hand signals to help confirm command, especially as the distance increases.
- SIT – sit like a gentleman or lady
- STAY – hand signal is open palm…dog should not move from spot until you release him by saying “okay” or “come”
- COME – you can clap your hands or hold your arm above your head and bring it straight down…dog should sit right in front of you
- DOWN – dog is laying down…hand signal point with pointer finger down to the ground
- HEEL – Dog walks at your left side behind you enough to follow your lead, at your pace. When you stop, the dog stops & sits.
- KENNEL – the dog should go into what ever you are pointing at, the car, crate, into a door opening
- OKAY – the dog is free to go potty, play, explore, and allowed to be a puppy!
- FETCH – go pick up whatever you have just thrown. Dog should return to you and give you the item when you command “give.” Hand signal – start with your arm at your side, then swing arm towards item to fetch. TIP – fetching is a great way for your dog to get exercise…it should be a fun time for the dog to reinforce sit, stay & come. If he won’t give you the item, squeeze his bottom jaw & say “give” until he releases, then “good boy!”
- Never test your puppy, always train! Example: You tell dog to stay, then start a timer to see when he moves, that is testing, not training. Training: tell dog to stay and make him stay until you issue a new command.
- Never, ever, give a command without making your dog complete the command. Example: “Mac, come” if Mac runs away, go get him and make him sit in front of you, then say come with you being 6 feet in front of Mac. He went from feeling out of sorts with you to pleasing you when you had him complete the command.
- Use single word commands only. Speak clearly & firmly, enunciate with the dogs name first. Say his name to get his attention. Say Mac, COME…not come on big guy, yes, you can come, come here…yeah, come on!
- Mix training time with your daily routine: make him sit, stay, then come for his food each time you feed him. Also before you go back in the house after being out.
- Don’t expect your dog to like you if you never play with it…it needs play time & training time…you can mix the two & have success!
Dear Barb & Russ,
Our 2 weeks with Zoey since we picked her up have been wonderful. You have indeed taken her to the next level. She heels on leash extremely well, does sit and stay beautifully and in general is a much more trainable girl( an unanticipated bonus). The DVD is great. The first time we watched it Zoey was with us and would sit when Russ told her to and ran out in our hallway to chase a tennis ball that sailed off the side of the TV. When it was over she went behind the TV I`m sure to find you or Russ…..Thank you both so much
-Steve, Lee & Zoey
First of all I wanted to thank you for the amazing job you did with Rocky. With your training he became a wonderful walker, and a much calmer companion. He is not chewing anything or trying to bite anybody. He interacts very well with other dogs and people, including little kids. We had a wonderful summer with him, we took him everywhere, soccer games, friends’ cabins, canoeing and he always behaved well. He loves to walk and run, every morning after his breakfast we walk together around the lake (2.8 miles) and we try to go again later in the day. We love the new collar and leash. Everybody knows Rocky, because we stop to greet every dog we meet on our walks! We had family from Italy staying with us and they also fell in love with him! A Few weekends ago we met another of your goldens (Alta), he was from the litter before Rocky’s and we could tell that Captain was their father! Rocky is now 56 lbs but he is very fit. He loves his crate and he didn’t have any house accident, he always let us know when he needs to go out. Thanks. Best regards to all the family
You did an outstanding job raising the puppies! Our Maddy melts our hearts. She is the sweetest puppy we have ever had or have ever seen anywhere before. Things are going very well. Our Lab/Springer and her are playing a lot now which wears them both out. They had a tug of war with a chew toy yesterday and after a while I noticed Maddy had fallen asleep with the tip of the toy still in her mouth. She only cried for a few minutes the first night and then slept until about 5 am. Last night at about 3 am she starting crying loudly for several minutes. Laura wanted to debate with me whether she should let her outside. After a couple more minutes, she did get up and let her out and she pooped and peed immediately. She’s going up stairs now but won’t go down them yet. She loves to sleep with her back legs kicked out. Her body is so “rubbery”. Thanks for all the work and prayer you put into getting her to us 🙂
I saw that Ben made your blog! Just wanted to let you know that he is doing great with his training collar!! He is a completely different dog when we go on walks now. He really took quickly to the short little training sessions that I do with him a few times a day. He doesn’t buck me anymore with the down command like he did the first day. He really is a sweet boy! Thanks again for the training session with Ben!!
Hi Barb and Russ!
I just wanted to thank you again for your great work with Sadie! She is doing FANTASTIC with all of her commands….her favorite is biking, and she also stays GREAT! She is finally going down for me on a first ask basis (hurray!)….we all pitch in and work with her several times a day! Our son who likes skateboarding also brings her with, she loves that too! I am also being very firm, and she doesn’t bite on my pant legs or arms anymore….she seems to have grown up so much! She is truly a joy.
Dear Barb and Russ,
We just wanted to send you an update on our progress with Tahoe since he spent the week training with you. He is a changed man! All of his bad habits are gone, for example he used to bark at us for attention, he was always mouthing at our arms, he only came about 50% of the time when called and rarely laid down when told to. Now we have a dog that can be walked off leash, if he see’s another dog or a person he sits down and waits for us to get to him. He follows hand signals best in fact he will always come to an arm gesture. If he is away from us and we want him to stop we call his name, he looks, we motion for him to sit and he does it! We can even get him to lay down from a distance. When people find out he is only 9 months old they often do not believe us because he is so well behaved. It is hard to believe he only spent one week with you, it was well worth the time apart. Thank you so much for your time and dedication.
-Steve and Barb
I just wanted to say…this Golden is amazing! We love him more and more each day…if that is even possible! Since you had him for a week of training in February, he has just become the love of all of our lives! He just does what he is told and loves you even more for telling him something! I had 11 of my Kindergartners and their moms over the other day. The parents just kept asking where we got this awesome dog. He still freaks just a little bit when people walk in the door (especially more than 25 in one day) but when they won’t pet him he just sits down and looks at them longingly! He did all of his tricks for the kids and they LOVED him. He has become such a good puppy…he is still working on a few things but only once in a while!
We wanted to update you on Kota’s progress after we met with you for our collar/training session. We appreciate the training tips. Ever since we met with you, Kota has been walking much better. We should have her at a comfortable heel in no time. We are enjoying everyday with her. You really do breed beautiful dogs. Thanks again.
-John and Nicole
Lily is doing great. I was just looking at all your latest pictures of the puppies. Lily is twice their size now. She is doing real good. I just want to say how much we enjoyed our session with Dan. What a nice guy! He was so helpful. We are working on the sitting, staying and walking. He taught me how to raise my voice when she is chewing on our feet and hands. I will have him back in about a month. I just want to make sure we are doing things correctly. I would definitely recommend him to others. Thanks for all you do.
We had Daniel come out and help us recently with some issues that our Shepherd has. I cannot speak highly enough of him. He was so knowledgeable and had such good techniques he taught us for working with her. I have already recommended your in home training to friends. I LOVE the concept!
Just want to tell you how pleased we have been with Daniel’s in house training. He was here on Wednesday night and worked with us on the down stay and we continued it the next day and now she is doing it every time we tell her down. She really listens to Daniel and we have learned so much having him come to the house. He is a great guy. We are really enjoying Lily. Love her personality. You have beautiful goldens. Thanks for all you do.